Thursday, May 21, 2009

Daring to fly

As a person who works in news, I feel like sometimes I tend to hear the worst case scenario on a daily basis. It's hard to get away from the reports of crime, and recently, it seems like I've heard about my share of plane crashes. But fear of flying has never been a problem for me. In fact, sometimes a little turbulence just makes the ride more interesting. It's not that I'm particularly brave, to the contrary I'm a wuss --- you'll never catch me sky diving or bungee jumping or even riding Disney's Tower of Terror. I guess I've always felt that there aren't really that many crashes in the large commercial planes I fly so often. Today my story was about a plane crash where the two people involved walked away. Just another reason for me to take a deep breath and relax during my next plane trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment