Thursday, June 4, 2009

Construction upside

Today my story centered around the construction business and the way Baton Rouge seems to avoiding the slow trend. As a reporter, I always enjoy covering construction stories. They're very visual with plenty of action happening, so the video always looks pretty great. Today was no exception. Plus, as someone who recently bought a new house, it's fun to get the behind the scenes look at how the buildings are constructed from the ground up. I've covered a number of stories on the economy and Baton Rouge and I'm usually pleasantly surprised at how our area has been insulated from some of the woes facing the rest of the country. But that doesn't mean there haven't been some reality checks and tough job losses for people in the region. It all just makes me very thankful day to day that I'm lucky enough not only to have a job, but to have one that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment